Friday 11 May 2012

May 2012 Spotlight on Movie Mothers



As this Sunday is Mother's Day, I thought it would be appropriate for my movie Spotlight theme for May to be Movie Mothers. I have made a selection of films I will aim to watch over the next few weeks, and comment on them in my blog. The films will fall into the following categories:


Monster Mothers (the mothers from hell we love to hate)
Mothers Dearest (caring mothers we love, often sacrificing their lives/happiness for their children)
- Little Women (1933) (to coincide with Katharine Hepburn's birthday)- Please Don’t Eat the Daisies (1960)- Mildred Pierce (1945)- Three Daring Daughters (1948) (to coincide with Jeanette MacDonald's birthday)- Pocketful of Miracles (1961)- A Ticklish Affair (1963) My next post will be a blog about 'Harold and Maude' (1971). Voted #45 funniest film of all time by the American Film Institute, Harold & Maude' is a very unusual and unlikely romantic comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment