'Jerry Herman's Broadway at the Hollywood Bowl' is a 1993 filmed recording of a special concert paying tribute to the great musical legacy of composer Jerry Herman. The concert event features performances by Bea Arthur, Carol Channing, Michael Feinstein, Davis Gaines, George Hearn, Florence Lacey, Lorna Lift, Rita Moreno, Karen Morrow, Lee Roy Reams & Leslie Uggams. Special video messages from Angela Lansbury, Liza Minnelli & Paul and Linda McCartney are also featured.
After a filmed introduction message from Liza Minnelli & a hilarious opening address by the great Carol Channing, the opening number is "It's Today" from Mame, performed by Leslie Uggams.
Other musical highlights include:
- "Movies Were Movies" (from 'Mack & Mabel') - George Hearn
- "Put On Your Sunday Clothes / Before the Parade Passes By" (from 'Hello Dolly') - Lee Roy Reams
- "Wherever He Ain't" (from 'Mack & Mabel') - Lorna Luft, Karen Morrow & Florence Lacey
- "Take It All Off" (from 'Jerry's Girls') - Lorna Luft & chorus... Lorna wears a burlesque fat suit
- "We Need a Little Xmas" (from 'Mame') - Karen Morrow
- "If He Walked Into My Life" (from 'Mame') - Leslie Uggams
- "Hello Dolly (Medley)" (from 'Hello Dolly) is the Act I finale featuring:
- impressions of Carol Channing, Sammy Davis Jr, Ethel Merman & Louis Armstrong
- Leslie Uggams "Deli Taste"
- Lorna Luft singing it
- international ballet (Brazilian, Chinese, Viking woman, French can can
- finally the original & best Dolly Levi, Miss Carol Channing
- An appearance from Bea Arthur, who made her debut as Vera in 'Mame', and she sings "The Man in the Moon" from 'Mame'
- "Bosom Buddies" (from 'Mame') - Rita Moreno & Leslie Uggams
- "Time Heals Everything" (from 'Mack & Mabel') - Lorna Luft (I got goosebumps during this performance as it is obvious Lorna is singing this about her mother, Judy Garland)
- A video message from Angela Lansbury in Ireland taking about 'Mame'
- An instrumental of the song "Mame" with a photo montage of Angela Lansbury on broadway & Lucille ball In the movie
- "I Won't Send Roses" (from 'Mack & Mabel') - Michael Feinstein
- "Tap Your Troubles Away" (from 'Mack & Mabel') - Rita Moreno (showing us she's still got it)
- "Kiss Her Now" - Leslie Uggams & Florence Lacey
- "I Am What I Am" (from 'La Cage aux Folles') - George Hearn
- "The Best of Times" (from 'La Cage aux Folles') - Jerry Herman and the entire cast