Thursday, 29 November 2012
Making of Death on the Nile (1978) - Star of the month... Angela Lansbury
'The Making of Death on the Nile' is a 22 minute behind the scenes featurette on the making of the 1978 film 'Death on the Nile'.
The featurette begins with footage from the steamboat Karnak replica at Pinewood Studios, and it's transformation into the Nile.
The documentary features interviews with:
- actor Sir Peter Ustinov on his portrayal of Poirot
- producer John Brabourne on Agatha Christie's thoughts on her books being filmed
- actor David Niven, who is reading a vintage newspaper
- actor Jon Finch, who talks about his character
- production designer Peter Murton who talks about his set design
- co-producer Richard Goodwin on the all-star cast
- Actor George Kennedy on the professionalism of actress Bette Davis
Clips from the film are also featured throughout the special.