'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Storybook' is a 2005 short film consisting of an abridged retelling of the L. Frank Baum book, 'The Wizard Of Oz'.
Narrated by Angela Lansbury, with illustrations by W.W. Denslow.
I like how this short film remains faithful to the original book, rather than the 1939 film adaptation:
- The silver shoes, rather than ruby slippers
- Tin Man is known as The Tin Woodsman
- The army of mice rescue Dorothy from the poppy field - in the movie they are rescued by Glinda the Good Witch of the North
- The Wicked Witch of the West has one eye - in the movie she has two
- The attack of 40 wolves, 40 crows & 40 bees - this was not shown in the movie
- Battling through the china pottery people and hammerheads - this was not shown in the movie
- Glinda is the Good Witch of the South - in the movie she is of the North
- To return to Kansas, Dorothy chants "Take me home to Aunt Em" instead of "There's no place like home"